The purpose of the Director of Family Ministries at Edmonds United Methodist Church is to draw our church community closer together so that we can draw closer to God through the spiritual development of children, youth and families. A more detailed job description will be provided upon request.
The Edmonds United Methodist Church is a Reconciling Ministry.
- Lead and coordinate teachers and volunteers in the Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
- Supervise Youth Director, Nursery Staff, Community Engagement Coordinator, and Children’s Ministry Volunteers
- Serve as an advocate for Family Ministry with staff, congregation, and lay leaders
- Facilitate education and lead curriculum training of Family Ministries stakeholders (Children’s Moment, Sunday School, VBS, Club 56, Youth Group, Mission Trip Preparation, and other activities)
- Oversee and manage all Children, Youth, and Family Programs
- Develop & implement new programs to enhance and grow the Family ministry and help stakeholders grow in their relationships with each other and Jesus Christ
- Equip families with resources and education to help them become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families
- Develop and direct children and family outreach opportunities
- Work with Children’s Center Director to develop opportunities for cross engagement between the Children’s Center and EUMC Family Ministries
- Ensure appropriate supplies are made available to teachers and volunteers
- Manage children and youth building spaces, ensuring spaces adequately meet the needs of the ministries
- Write grant applications for funding support for mission partnership opportunities
- Develop, implement, and manage the budget for Children, Youth, and Family programs.
- Ensure EUMC Safe Church Policy is followed and enforced including completion of appropriate training and paperwork
- Coordinate schedules and train education volunteers
- Recruit, interview, and screen volunteers and staff
- Manage communications with Children, Youth, and Families using a variety of technology and social media
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Children’s Education, Theology or Ministry related field
- Computer literacy that includes a familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Able to build positive and constructive relationships with children, youth and their parents
- Substantial knowledge of Christian education curriculum options
- 5 or more year of experience in a leadership/management role of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
- 5 or more years of experience in Children, Youth, and Family Ministries