Serve with the Tutoring Program
Tutoring Program Starts November 6th! Tutors, Cooks, and Substitute Tutors Needed.
The Tutoring Program is an outreach program providing one hour of 1:1 tutoring to students in grades K-6. Students also receive a snack before tutoring and a meal after tutoring. The program takes place every Wednesday, November through May 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. The number of students who can participate is based on the number of volunteer tutors.
The following volunteer opportunities are available:
- TUTORS – Provide tutoring to one student for the school year - no experience necessary, training provided.
- SUBSTITUTE TUTORS – fill in for tutors, training provided.
- COOKS – prepare meals on a rotating basis for 30-50 people. Kitchen training provided. Reimbursement available.
- PROVIDE SNACKS – provide snacks for students before by 5:45 p.m.
- WASH DISHES – help wash dishes after the meal. Kitchen training provided.
There will be a training session for tutors and substitute tutors on October 30th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome!